1. When Payment is Due
- For new patients with deductible/coinsurance based commercial insurance plans, SCMT may require a good faith deposit and a credit card, debit card, or HSA/FSA card number to be held securely on file with our office before your Clinic, Telehealth, or Sleep Testing appointment. The card on file will automatically be charged for remaining patient responsibility after your insurance company processes your claim. OR you may pay your full estimated out of pocket* cost prior to each appointment. These payment arrangements are due on the date of your Clinic or Telehealth appointment and prior to scheduling your sleep testing appointment. Good faith deposit amounts: $100 for a new patient clinic or telehealth visit, $100 for home sleep study, and for in-lab sleep study 50% of estimated out of pocket patient responsibility.
- For patients with a copay based commercial insurance plan, SCMT will collect your copay for a Clinic or Telehealth visit at the time of service, or we will collect a good faith deposit prior to scheduling your sleep testing appointment. In addition, we ask you to leave a credit card, debit card, or HSA/FSA card number to be held securely on file. The card on file will automatically be charged for any remaining patient responsibility after your insurance company processes your claim. For sleep testing appointments, you may either provide a good faith deposit and leave a credit card on file for the balance OR you may pay your full estimated out of pocket* prior to scheduling.
- For patients with Medicare, Medicaid, or Tricare, SCMT will file a claim with your insurance company. After your insurance determines the amount you are responsible for, that balance will be billed to you and is due within 30 days.
- For self-pay patients (patients not using insurance), payment in full is due on the date of your Clinic or Telehealth appointment. Payment from self-pay patients is due prior to scheduling your sleep testing appointment.
2. Payment Methods
We accept cash, check, HSA/FSA, debit/credit cards, and Care Credit (which provides low or no interest payment plans for 6 to 24 months). Click here to apply for Care Credit.
3. Credit Card on File
Required for commercially insured patients. After paying a deposit at your first visit, your credit card, debit card, or HSA card information will be securely stored until your insurance(s) have fully processed your claim, paid their portion, and notified us of the exact balance due from you (if any). Balances owed by you will be applied to the card on file. You will receive advance email notification from SCMT 10 days prior to the date of charge. If you do not have a card on file, you will be billed, and the balance is due within 30 days.
4. *Estimated Out of Pocket Cost
SCMT may provide you with an estimated out of pocket cost (or EOOP). Your EOOP is not the exact amount that you may ultimately owe. It is only an estimate. SCMT’s charge amounts are consistent and determined by your insurance carrier, but the amount your insurance company pays will vary depending on your deductible, coinsurance and other factors. After your insurance processes your claim, you or your credit card on file will be charged/billed any remaining amount due.
5. Hardship Plan
If you are unable to pay your bill, we may allow an in-house payment plan (also called a Hardship Plan). To qualify for a Hardship Plan, you must first apply to Care Credit. In the event your Care Credit application is denied, we may extend an in-house payment plan which meets minimum down payment and automatic monthly payment requirements.
6. Standard Terms
- Proof of payment and photo ID are required for all patients. We will ask to make a copy of your ID and insurance card for our records. Providing a copy of your insurance card does not confirm that your coverage is effective or that the services rendered will be covered by your insurance company. You will be required to show your insurance card at each visit.
- SCMT is not responsible to inform you prior to your visit if we are out of network, our services are excluded from your policy, or if your policy offers limited annual benefits. It is your responsibility to know your insurance benefits, including whether we are in network and whether sleep medicine is a benefit covered by your policy. If your insurance declines to pay, you will be expected to pay for all services rendered out of pocket. Contact your insurance company with any questions about your plan and benefits.
- It is your responsibility to provide current and accurate insurance information. Should you fail to provide this information, you will be financially responsible for any amounts your insurance declines to pay. If your insurance plan or policy changes, please notify us before your next visit so we can make the appropriate changes to help you receive your maximum benefits.
- Balances over 90 days old will be referred to collections.
7. Other Fees:
Advance notice of at least one business day is required to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
- Missing a Clinic or Telehealth appointment without notification may result in a $25 fee.
- Missing an In-Lab Sleep Testing appointment without notification may result in a $100 fee.
Additional Fees for Sleep Image RING home sleep testing device may apply if:
- “No Return Fee” shall automatically be charged if the device is not returned to SCMT within 10 calendar days of delivery to patient. The same fee shall be automatically applied if the device is returned in an unusable condition due to patient negligence or damage believed to have occurred while the device was in the patient’s possession. No Return Fee is $300.
- “No Use Fee” shall automatically be charged if the device is sent or delivered to patient but is returned to SCMT without a test performed. No Use Fee is $75.
Declined payment fees:
- Bad Check Fee of $30 will be charged if a check is returned by patient’s financial institution.