Why Pay More?
Know What You Would Pay
Did you know that the total charge (combined technical and professional) for a sleep study at a hospital-affiliated sleep lab in Rutherford County is over $1000 more than our charge at Sleep Centers of Middle Tennessee (SCMT)? Our charge for a diagnostic sleep study is $1,083 (both technical fee and physician interpretation combined). Hospital-based sleep labs charge more than $3,000 for the same study.
Did you know that most insurance companies authorize payments of over $1000 more per study to hospital-affiliated sleep labs than to a physician-owned sleep lab like SCMT? This means that if your out-of-pocket payment is 20%, you will pay at least $200 more out-of-pocket at a hospital-affiliated sleep lab than at SCMT. If you have a high deductible plan, then you may be paying an additional $1,000 or more out-of-pocket. The higher reimbursement for hospital-affiliated sleep labs is not based on type or quality of service but is due to negotiated contracts between major hospital chains and large insurance companies.
Did you know that the hospital-affiliated sleep labs in Rutherford County are not actually located within the hospital, but are in medical office buildings just like ours at SCMT? Also, you can’t always tell by the name of the sleep center as to whether it is affiliated with a hospital. If you are unsure, check their website and call their sleep center and ask. Also, ask them what their charge is for a diagnostic sleep study.
Sleep Study Cost
Don’t take our word for it, visit Health Care Blue Book online to view cost variances. Enter your zip code and procedure 95810 (Sleep Study).
Sleep Centers of Middle Tennessee (SCMT):
- Dr. Noah and associates at SCMT have been providing state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment services for individuals with sleep disorders in Rutherford County since 1994.
- Board-certified sleep specialists, including the primary specialties of pulmonary medicine, neurology, pediatrics, and psychology.
- We have the only sleep specialist in Middle Tennessee boarded in Behavioral Sleep Medicine for the evaluation and treatment of insomnia.
- Our primary lab (Sleep Center of Murfreesboro) is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
- Board-certified sleep technologists.
- Spacious and elegant bedrooms for your comfort.
- CPAP and BIPAP equipment and supplies provided directly in our office.
Professional Staff: Dr. William Noah, Dr. Tim Hoelscher, Dave Hubbard, MSN, APRN, NP-C, Wendy Rhim, MSN, APN, NP-C, Lindsay White, MSN, APRN, NP-C, Jennifer Kunkel, FNP-C, Klhee Bang, FNP-C, AANP
Call or ask your doctor to make an appointment: Phone: (615) 893-4896
SCMT: GREAT CARE, BETTER PRICE