Sleep Study Instructions
If you cannot make it to your study, call our office and let us know even if it is at the last minute. Your cooperation is appreciated. If you have been scheduled for an overnight sleep study, please read the following information to ensure that your stay with us goes well and to help us obtain the highest quality possible.
- Do not nap on the day of the sleep study.
- Shower, wash your hair, and be clean-shaven (unless you have a beard or mustache) before coming into the Sleep Center. Please do not use any oils, sprays, or hair care products as these may affect quality of our recording. Please do not wear nail polish on the day of the study.
- Eat your regular meals. Do not eat or drink anything that contains caffeine 3 hours prior to your sleep study, unless otherwise directed by your doctor at the Sleep Center. You should drink your normal amount of alcohol (if any) at the same time you normally drink it. If you drink alcohol prior to your study, you should make arrangements for someone to drive you to the Sleep Center.
- Bring all medications normally taken at night or first thing in the morning. This includes prescriptions as well as non-prescriptions (aspirin, Tums, etc.) medications. Because this is an outpatient study, we are not allowed to dispense medications to you.
- Please wear something comfortable for your sleep study. MEN: Please bring a pair of gym shorts or pajamas. WOMEN: Please wear two-piece, loose-fitting sleepwear, lounge shorts, or pajamas that button or zip on the front. Nylon or “slippery” material sleeping attire is not recommended.
- You may want to bring your favorite pillow, if that will help you sleep. If you need to have a snack or beverage prior to going to sleep, you can bring it with you. The Sleep Center has a microwave and refrigerator.
- Please bring your toiletries. This may include toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, brush, or any other articles you will need to get ready when you wake up. Your room will include a private bathroom with shower.
- Try to relax. The study is painless and harmless. A technologist will be with you the entire night to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Info for Murfreesboro: Please use the entrance located at the covered drop-off after you have parked. This is the first building entrance you see when you enter the parking lot.
- To the right of the doors is an intercom box.
- Press the button on the call box to call the Sleep Center.
- Someone will answer your call and release the doors for your entry.
- Take the elevator to the second floor and enter Suite 220